Arkansas State University - Newport

Search form

Allied Health Header

Career Pathways


Career Pathways Initiative is made possible through Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) funding. The program design assists eligible parents in completing an educational degree and entering a high-paying, high-demand career field.  Possible benefits for eligible students may include tuition and fees, textbooks, childcare, and fuel assistance to and from class.

In order to qualify you must:

1. Be a resident of Arkansas, and
2. Have a child(ren) under the age of 21, and
3. Have earned at or below 250% of the federal poverty level. Click here to view the Federal Poverty Level Guidelines.

Call 870-512-7856 or email to set up an orientation.  Appointments can be made for Newport, Jonesboro or Marked Tree.

Required Documents:

  • Federal Tax Return - form 1040 only (Most Recent Year)
  • Applicant’s Photo ID (Driver's License or State-issued ID)
  • Social Security Card – Applicant and Child(ren)’s
  • Child(ren)’s Birth Certificate

*Benefits are based on the eligibility of the student and the availability of funds.

Career Pathways Forms
Frequently Asked Questions

What if I want to get my basics first, then transfer?
Career Pathways cannot cover basics.  The goal of the program is for you to obtain employment directly after completion of your program of study at ASUN.

What if I didn’t pay taxes last year and, therefore, have no tax return to submit?
If a tax return (form 1040) cannot be provided, you can request a Verification of Non-filing at

Are funds guaranteed every semester?
Career Pathways assistance is determined by eligibility and available funds in the grant.

What if I am already receiving the Pell grant?
If your program is Pell-eligible, Career Pathways funds may be able to cover what the Pell grant does not.