Frequently Asked Questions

What is the procedure for admission once I am selected by the Electrical Cooperative?

A completed ASUN Application for Admission is the first step to admissions. Then all college and high school official transcripts and a copy of your medical immunization records should be sent to the Office of the Admissions and Records. If you have taken the ACT or SAT, that score should also be sent.

Is all this course work just theory?

No, in the Electrical Capstone experience you will be involved with other technicians and actually work on the equipment you are learning about. Also as a part of the program in the Electrical Capstone Experience you will spend 10 weeks at your sponsoring cooperative to engage in a supervised internship to put those skills that you have learned to use. There are also general education courses in English, Mathematics, Human Relations and Computer Applications.

What are the costs associated with this program of study?

If you are a sponsored student; all tuition and books are provided by the cooperative. The cost of housing while attending is typically not covered by the sponsor,and must be provided by the student.

Can I qualify for Federal Financial Aid?

Yes you may qualify, because the Technical Certificate in High Voltage Lineman Technology is an accredited college program of study. The Financial Aid Office is able to provide all forms and wiling to help all students in the completion of the forms.

IIs there housing available on campus?

No, but the Office of Student Services can provide you with a list of possible rentals.

Do I have to provide my own tools?

Yes. But some Coops will help provide those tools.

What kind of drivers license do I need?

A Class “A” CDL is required for the program, but an opportunity to obtain this is provided by this program.

What additional cost are associated with this?

Student may need to provide his Class “A” CDL packet.