- Technical Certificate in Cosmetology
- Technical Certificate in Cosmetology Instructor Trainee
Scope of Program
To prepare students for the professional licensing in the Cosmetology field
Areas Covered in Program
Basic techniques of hair, professional and personal ethics, sanitation, manicuring, facials, anatomy, salon management and rules/regulations as designated by the state.
New classes begin in Fall and Spring
In order to receive instructor signature to qualify for the State Cosmetology Licensing Exam, a student must meet all three of the following criteria:
- Complete the 46 credit hour Technical Certificate – Cosmetology
- Accrue a minimum of at least 1500 classroom hours
(requirement of the Arkansas State Board of Cosmetology)
- Receive program instructor recommendation.
Due to a limited number of openings in the Cosmetology program, students are accepted into the program on the basis of the date on which their complete application file is submitted.
Equipment for Class
The Cosmetology kit may be purchased at the ASUN Marked Tree bookstore.
For bookstore information please call 807.512.8616.