Copyright and Code of Conduct
The Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17 U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship or research”. If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use“, that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of the copyright law.
Code of Conduct
While in the Library, please refrain from the following:
- Attempting to take any item from the library without properly checking the item out.
- Smoking or use of tobacco products.
- Verbal or physical abuse of other patrons or staff.
- Sexual misconduct, such as exposure, offensive touching or sexual harassment of other patrons or staff.
- Bringing in animals other than those authorized by the Arkansas State University – Newport Security Office.
- Disruptive and unsafe behavior, such as loud talking, screaming, slamming doors, running, fighting or throwing things.
- Engaging in any activity prohibited by law or any conduct that unreasonably interferes with others’ use of the library.
- Failing to comply with reasonable staff requests
- For their protection and safety, children under the age of 12 must be accompanied and monitored by parent or other responsible adult.
Possible consequences for violations are as follows:
- Warning from staff.
- Staff will ask patrons to leave the Library.
- ASUN security will be called in to investigate the matter.