What Does It Take To Qualify?

In order to qualify you must:

  • be a resident of Arkansas, and
  • have custody of at least one child under the age of 21 years who lives in the home and
  • be a current Transitional Employment Assistance (TEA) recipient

Worksheet on Family Income Eligibility for TANF-Funded Services

250 Percent of the Federal Poverty Level as of January 2013

Family Size Annual Income Monthly Income
1* $28,725 $2,393.75
2 $38,775 $3,231.25
3 $48,825 $4,068.75
4 $58,875 $4,906.25
5 $68,925 $5,743.75
6 $78,975 $6,581.25
8 $97,225 $8,102

Is It Hard To Apply?

No, the application process takes only a few hours and includes assessments that determine your current educational level and career interests. So, go ahead and set up an appointment to begin your application and bring the following documents with you:

  • 2012 federal tax returns
  • Current letter from DHS, on DHS letterhead, in your name stating all of benefits you currently receive (SNAP, ARKids, Medicaid, TEA)
  • Applicant’s Driver’s license or Photo ID
  • Applicant’s social security card
  • Dependent children’s birth certificates and social security cards

How Do I Apply?

Contact ASUN Career Pathways directly to speak with an ASUN Career Pathways staff member. For the ASUN Newport Campus Office call toll-free at 866.454.4686 or 870.512.7856. For the ASUN Jonesboro Campus Office call 870.680.8730; for the ASUN Marked Tree Campus office call 870.358.8615